BIMS Digital Dynamometers Vs Standard Hydraulic Hand Dynamometers
- Force is measured using load-cell digital technology that gives more accurate, repeatable, consistent measurements
- No hydraulic oil is used to measure force, eliminating the risk of oil leakage and decalibration
- Resetting of max results is digital; standard hydraulic reset knobs are prone to breaking
- LCD screen makes results easy to read
- Saves time by calculating mean, SD, COV, and other statistics on the device
BIMS Load Cell Dynamometers Key Features:
- Extended testing capacity (135kg - 300 lb grip & 45kg - 100 lb pinch) is designed for the strongest and weakest patients
- Measures force consistently with ±1% accuracy
- Color LCD display graphically shows results
- Numerous testing protocols for advanced testing
- 5-position hand grip accommodates different hand sizes and tests
- Results saved on device with memory for over 1,000 patients
BIMS Testing Protocols
- Max Force Test: Just like a standard hydraulic dynamometer, this test shows live, real-time strength readings, and peak maximum values are held until digitally reset.
For the below tests, subject information can be inputted at the time of test: hand, handle/paddle position, exertion/rest times and test type. Results of each test can be saved for future reference.
- Quick Test: Shows live, real-time strength readings and maximum value.
- GST (General Strength Test): 3 strength trials are performed at a chosen handle position. Peak readings, mean, SD, and COV are calculated.
The following tests are only available with the Deluxe model. They are used for more advanced testing that is ideal for research applications, rehabilitation and workplace/occupational health functional capacity evaluation.
- RET (Rapid Exchange Test): 6 strength trials (alternating hands) are performed at the same chosen handle position. Peak readings, mean, SD, and COV are calculated.
- MMVE Test (Modified Maximum Voluntary Effort): 10 strength trials are performed (alternating hands), 2 trials at each handle position. Peak readings at each position are calculated.
- MVE Test (Maximum Voluntary Effort): 15 strength trials are performed per hand, three at each handle position. Peak readings, mean, SD, and COV are calculated.
- Fatigue Test (Work): 1 extended time trial is performed. Results are used to compare strength exerted (total work performed) over 2 or more user-defined time periods. Segment work readings are calculated.
12 Months Warranty